Health Insurance is a type of coverage that pays for medical expenses incurred by an insured. There are several different types of Health Insurance that are available and these include plans offered through an individual’s Employer or Group, ACA (Affordable Care Act) plans offered through the Healthcare Marketplace, and Short Term Health Insurance (also known as Temporary or Gap Health Insurance.) In most cases, Health Insurance plans will have a Deductible, Co-Insurance, and/or Co-pays that the insured will have to pay before the insurance plan will cover expenses. Typically, a plan brochure or summary of benefits is available that will go over the full plan limitations and any exclusions if applicable.
– The main type of Health Insurance that we offer is Short Term Health Insurance. These plans can range anywhere from 30 days up to 12 months and are great for individuals who:
- are in between jobs
- those who are waiting for benefits to begin at a new job or for Medicare/Medicaid
- students or young adults coming off of a parent’s plan
- individuals who may have missed the ACA open enrollment and do not have a qualifying life event
- or individuals who are looking for a lower cost alternative to the options provided by Cobra, The Healthcare Marketplace, or their Employer’s coverage.
The Short Term Health Insurance carriers that we contract with are: